We are looking for an original story by YOU to be featured at one of our Montco StoryWalk® locations!
Read below for entry guidelines. Stories must be submitted by September 1, 2022.
Register here for the contest! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- Age Groups
- 17 and under
- Over 18
- Story theme must be based on physical activity, health, nature, or trails.
- Stories should be bilingual (Spanish and English) or permission granted to Montgomery County to have the story translated.
- Authors must be Montgomery County residents.
- Artwork required.
- Intended audience reading the book: young children
Acceptable Story Formats
- Handwritten stories and illustrations are welcome.
- Handwritten stories must be submitted in black Sharpie® marker.
- We welcome original writing by children. Any help you can provide to assist the reader with clarity is appreciated.
- Artwork provided with a Word document must be in a separate file (.jpeg or .png), labeled with the book title and page number.
- Word documents should be editable.
Published Story, Submitted by Original Author
- Published stories will be accepted only by the original author.
- Words and images must not cross the midline of the book.
- The book may not exceed a width of 11 inches wide.
Submit Your Story by September 1, 2022
Register here for the contest! When it's time to submit your story, you can either drop it off to us or email it. See below for more information.
- Handwritten and Published Stories - Drop off completed stories at the Norristown Library or Norristown Farm Park
- Word Document - email document and artwork to email@example.com.
- Please include the information below when submitting your story:
- Contact name
- Email address where updates can be received
- Author’s Name
- Author’s Age
- Co-author’s Name, if applicable
- Illustrator’s Name (if different from the author)
- Zip code
Drop Off Locations
Norristown Library - 1001 Powell Street, Norristown, PA 19401
- Deliver your story to a librarian in the Children’s section during regular business hours.
Norristown Farm Park - 2500 Upper Farm Rd, Norristown, PA 19403
- Drop off Monday through Friday between 9 am and 4 pm and select Saturdays between 9 am and 4 pm: July 23, August 13, and August 27.
- Visit the park office (building with the silos) and give your entry to Rebecca or Ken.
- For assistance with drop-off directions, contact Rebecca at firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-270-0215 ext. 6073.
- Three winners will be selected from each age group.
- Winning stories will be announced the first week in October.
- Winners will have their book featured at one of the Montco StoryWalk® locations.
- Representatives from the Montgomery County Office of Public Health, Norristown Farm Park, and Norristown Public Library will judge the stories.