Restart Montco - E-Commerce
Online Retail is Now An Indispensable Strategy for Brick-and-Mortar Stores
Due to the pandemic, e-commerce is no longer just a value-added proposition for small businesses but a necessity to survive in a virtual business environment. E-commerce retail sales constituted 11.8 percent of total retail sales in the first quarter of 2020, according to the U.S. Census, and this will only keep rising with current business restrictions and an acceleration of customer expectations and convenience concerning online purchasing. Several challenges exist for e-commerce and related industries in the form of pre-pandemic regulations and infrastructure. It will take a concerted effort on the part of businesses and local governments to eliminate these challenges and preserve economic viability.
- Small Business Development Center – Temple University
Take advantage of a wide range of consulting services and education including an active schedule of useful webinars.
- Montco Forward
Check out retail trade market data provided by the Montgomery County Department of Commerce.
- Institute for Business and Information Technology
Receive free assistance from Temple University to create or assist with digital content for your business, including online retail tools.
- Help Support Your Local Ambler Businesses
View a good example of a local organization using technology to promote businesses during COVID-19.
- How COVID-19 Is Transforming E-Commerce
Discusses the various ways that e-commerce has grown during the COVID-19 global pandemic as well as advances in both customer experience and security
- Leveraging E-Commerce in the Fight Against COVID-19
Useful for governments that are trying to make it easier for businesses and households to connect to the digital economy
- Coronavirus Pandemic’s Impact on US Marketplaces
Provides statistics on consumer patterns and marketplaces affected by the pandemic
- Restaurants Are Desperate — But You May Not Be Helping When Using Delivery Apps
Reporting on the increasingly high fees that many restaurants need to pay per order on popular delivery apps and how municipalities are responding
- Quarterly Retail E-Commerce Sales - 2nd Quarter 2020 (Latest Report)
U.S. Census Bureau details statistics on the share of total retail sales that are derived from e-commerce
- After COVID-19, Is Curbside Delivery Here to Stay?
Discusses the numerous reasons why curbside delivery and BOPIS are here to stay, even after the threat of Covid019 is reduced
- US E-Commerce Sales to Jump 18% in 2020, but not Enough to Offset Retail’s Decline
Discusses the implications of e-commerce’s growth on the retail landscape as a whole in 2020