WHAT RESTRICTIONS ARE IN PLACE FOR BUSINESSES?
** All "non-life-sustaining" businesses in Pennsylvania have been ordered CLOSED by Gov. Tom Wolf effective 8:00 p.m. on Thursday, March 19, 2020 **
WHO DO I CALL TO REPORT A MONTGOMERY COUNTY RESTAURANT OR BUSINESS IN VIOLATION OF THE GOVERNOR’S ORDER?
Please call us at 610-631-3000 to report any Montgomery County business that’s in violation of the governor’s order.
WHAT’S TYPE OF BUSINESS IS CONSIDERED "NON-LIFE-SUSTAINING"? CAN MY BUSINESS BE OPEN? SHOULD I CLOSE?
On Thursday, March 19, Gov. Wolf’s office released this document that lists all different types of businesses. They are arranged by category of their industry, like manufacturing or hospitality, and then sub-categorized even further. There is a column on the right-hand side that lists whether your business can maintain physical operations (i.e. be "open" or "closed").
There is an extensive list of Frequently Asked Questions to the Governor’s Office about this. We suggest you start there if you have questions about your particular field of business.
Still have questions? Here’s who you should contact:
For Business Owners: Call 1-877-PA-HEALTH, press Option 1 or email: email@example.com
For Everyone Else: Call 1-877-PA-HEALTH, press Option 2
Additional Information for Restaurants: Businesses that offer carry-out, delivery, and drive-through food and beverage service may continue to do so, but eating and drinking inside restaurants and bars is temporarily prohibited. At the end of 14 days will reevaluate and decide whether continued mitigation is needed. These businesses offering carry-out, delivery, and drive-through food and beverage should employ social distancing best practices and be aware of the Trump Administration’s guidance to avoid gatherings of 10 or more people.
current CLOSURES/RESTRICTIONS in montgomery county
NOTE: This list is intended to provide the overall picture of delivery of service in Montgomery County. It may not include every type of business, service provider, or non-profit agency. Please reach out to those individual agencies or companies if you can not find them listed here.
In Montgomery County (until at least April 30):
- Outdoor mass gatherings of ANY SIZE (including events scheduled to be held in temporary structures)
- Community centers
- Gyms (including YMCAs)
- Entertainment (including theaters, concerts)
- Sporting events
- Non-essential retail facilities
- Pennsylvania State Parks: Evansburg, Fort Washington, Norristown Farm Park
- Montgomery County Parks & Historical Sites (Trails ARE OPEN)
- All driver license centers and photo license centers in Montgomery County
- All public and private schools in Montgomery County (and their transportation systems) including pre-K, K-12, higher education, and private schools.
- State-licensed day care centers
- Senior centers
- All local Social Security Offices are closed for in-person services - Online services remain open.
- PA CareerLink
Recommended to postpone or cancel:
Non-essential private and public gatherings, both indoor and outdoor, including conferences and rallies.
Montgomery County residents are strongly urged to stay home and eliminate any unnecessary travel. Gov. Wolf’s "stay at home" order also includes our neighboring counties of Bucks, Chester, Delaware, and Philadelphia as well as Allegheny and Monroe Counties. Employees of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania who travel in and out of Montgomery County between their workplace and home are being directed to work remotely.
The closure of schools in Pennsylvania has been extended until further notice.
- Mass transit (SEPTA)
- Gas stations
- Grocery stores
- Montco Government services are limited
- Public safety facilities
- Utilities facilities
- All health care facilities
- Urgent care centers (but call ahead to confirm hours)
- Primary care physicians (but call ahead to confirm hours)
- Pharmacies (but call ahead to confirm hours)
- Outpatient services (but call ahead to confirm hours)
- Long Term Care facilities (call ahead to confirm visitor policy)
- Meals on Wheels
- Montgomery County Parks (Trails ONLY)