Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Page last updated: April 8, 2020 - 12:00 PM
Montgomery County officials are responding to a pandemic of respiratory disease spreading from person-to-person caused by a novel (new) coronavirus. The disease has been named "coronavirus disease 2019" (abbreviated "COVID-19"). This situation poses a serious public health risk. The county government is working closely with federal, state, and local partners to respond to this situation. COVID-19 can cause mild to severe illness; most severe illness occurs in adults 65 years and older.
On Saturday, March 7, 2020, the County Commissioners announced the first (2) two presumptive positive cases of COVID-19 in Montgomery County. The next day, (2) two more presumptive positive cases were announced, and the Commissioners signed a Declaration of Disaster Emergency.
For real-time information on COVID-19 in Montgomery County, including a current number of cases and other statistics, visit www.montcopa.org/COVID-19.
Disclaimer: This page is intended to provide Montgomery County first responders (police, fire, & EMS) and healthcare facility staff with the information they need to respond to COVID-19. If you are looking for general public information on COVID-19, please visit the following webpages:
COVID-19 First Responder Exposure Self-Reporting Form
INFORMATION FOR FIRST RESPONDERS and healthcare facilities
Documents are sorted by publishing agency.
Montgomery County Department of Public Safety
- Memo to First Responders - January 28, 2020
- Memo to EMS and QRS Agencies - March 7, 2020
- Personal Protective Equipment Guidance for First Responders - Update - March 7, 2020 (Original issue: February 25, 2020)
Pennsylvania Department of Health
- EMS Informational Bulletins
- What Firefighters Need to Know About Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) - March 13, 2020
US Department of Health and Human Services
- COVID-19 Healthcare Facility Planning Checklist - March 5, 2020
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- CDC Guidance for Potentially-Exposed Healthcare Workers - March 4, 2020
- CDC Strategies for Optimizing the Supply of N95 Respirators - March 9, 2020
US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Disinfectants for Use Against SARS-CoV-2 - March 9, 2020