Rave Facility, a free service provided in Montgomery County, improves employee safety and protects businesses. Simply upload floorplans, emergency contacts, and other critical data. In an emergency, 9-1-1 and first responders can access that data to improve emergency response.
How it Works
- Create a free and secure Facility Profile for your organization at RAVEFacility.com, adding key details about campuses, buildings, landlines, floor plans, contacts, and more.
- In an emergency, 9-1-1 can view and utilize information in the Facility Profile to coordinate a faster, more effective response.
- First responders will then have key information to act quickly and to improve situational awareness.
Why should I create a Rave Facility profile?
Fortunately, first responders rarely, if ever, visit your facility. While they may stop by for a periodic inspection, they are not the experts when it comes to navigating your building.
Valuable seconds can be lost as responders try to find essential building information during an active fire, crime, or medical emergency. What if they need the floor plans, but the plans are located in an inaccessible portion of the property? What if they need key information from you, but you are on vacation? In a true emergency, seconds can make the difference between saving and losing a life. They can make the difference between opening up for business the next day and remaining closed for weeks, months, or even years, leading to the loss of revenue, jobs, or even your company.
Unlike the responders, you know your business like the back of your hand. A Rave Facility Profile allows you to share your extensive knowledge with emergency responders before an incident ever occurs.
- Improving Responders’ Ability to Physically Locate an Emergency Incident
Floor plans, blueprints, and other critical data provided through a Facility Profile can help responders find and mitigate an emergency faster and more efficiently.
- Managing Emergency Impact
The faster emergency responders can access building details, such as utility shutoffs and AEDs, the better they can minimize the impact to life and property.
- Enhancing Coordination Between Public Safety and Your Organization
Many facilities have unique internal emergency response procedures. Your Facility Profile can provide these to 9-1-1 and first responders during an incident at your location.
- Providing a Method for Keeping all of Your Facility Information Updated
Rave Facility provides you with an easy-to-use way of securely storing and backing up your facility’s critical information.
Be Prepared for Any Emergency
- In the event of a fire, your Facility Profile will save time by providing firefighters building layouts and utility information.
- In a medical emergency, gate codes and access points will be available, allowing EMS access to help treat the victim faster.
- In the event of an active shooter, police can use building details, campus layouts, and key contacts to coordinate their response.
What can your Rave Facility profile include?
- Floor plans and other building information
- Fire and security alarm contacts
- Landline phone numbers
- Buildings within a campus
- Gate or access codes
- Utility access and shutoff locations
- Geographical coordinates including parking lots and outdoor areas
- Points of contact and property owner information
- ...and much much more!