Montgomery County Department of Public Safety’s Ready Radio network broadcasts essential information relative to safety, health, and emergency preparedness in the home, at the workplace, and in our communities. We aim to be the trusted source of comprehensive emergency information in Montgomery County.
Programming topics include, but are not limited to:
- Notifications about county and municipal emergency management services before, during, and after a disaster
- Ways people can protect themselves, their families, and their property
- Information about other community programs, available services, and volunteer training opportunities
We will also share critical information from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, our neighboring cities and counties, and the 62 municipalities within our own border. Most programming is pre-recorded and played in a loop format 24 hours per day. During an on-going disaster, we will attempt to provide updates at least every hour, and deliver live content during an event if the situation warrants.
how to listen
There are a few ways to listen to Ready Radio:
1) Online: Listen live here on your computer or mobile device.
2) Amazon Alexa: You can listen to Ready Radio at home! Just say: "Alexa, open Ready Radio."
3) Smartphone apps: You may also be able to listen by using some smartphone apps that allow you to search and listen to nearby radio stations for free.
4) Radio: If you’re within or near Montgomery County, tune to one of the following frequencies on the FM band of your radio:
Upper Gwynedd / Lansdale
Horsham / Fort Washington
The broadcast signal is strongest in the blue circles on the following map. However, the signal can be picked up in some of the outlying areas depending on the local terrain.
need to reach us?
Ready Radio is operated by the Montgomery County Department of Public Safety. The main studio location is at the Montgomery County Emergency Operations Center, 50 Eagleville Road, Eagleville, PA 19403