Fraud & Abuse Tip Line
Help bring fraudsters to justice
To report fraud or abuse, use the easy and confidential online tip submission form or call 610-278-3678. Fraud investigations are opened within one business day of receiving fraud tips.
Note: Please include as much detailed information as possible in your fraud tip (i.e., who, what, when, where, why, and how). Vague allegations may not be able to be substantiated.
Types of actions to report
- Suspected theft or misuse of county property or cash
- False reporting of hours worked
- Submission of illegitimate vendor invoices
- Falsification of expense reimbursements
- Mismanagement of tax dollars
- Spending in excess of what is reasonable and necessary
- Vendor supplying inferior goods
- Violations of the county's gift and gratuity policy
- Violations of the county's purchasing policy
- Other suspected fraud or abuse
Mailing your tip
You can also submit fraud tips anonymously by mail to:
P.O. Box 311
Norristown, PA 19404-0311
Respecting your anonymity
If you choose to remain anonymous, be assured that your complaint will receive the same attention as all tips we receive. Also, as we have no way of tracing the source of anonymous tips. Note: Status reports cannot be provided on tips submitted anonymously.
Please note that the fraud and abuse hotline extends only to Montgomery County government resources and activities. Any type of fraudulent activity involving private business or governmental agencies not related to Montgomery County should be reported to the appropriate law enforcement authorities (e.g., Public Assistance).