Note: All documents, except Satisfactions, can be re-recorded.
Note: The Recorder of Deeds Cover Page with recording information should be attached to the document being re-recorded as it is now part of the legal document.
The filer must use the original document (not a copy) to submit a re-recording.
1. On the original document presented for re-recording write a correction statement as to why the document is being re-recorded either on the Recorder of Deeds Cover Page or on the first page of the document.
2. The person making the correction statement must sign under the statement.
3. The signature of the person making the correction station must be acknowledged on a separate acknowledgement page, which becomes the last page of the re-recording.
4. The necessary corrections to the document must be made. (This includes some easements as well.)
5. For documents with transfer taxes: If the document includes transfer taxes, such as a deed (as well as, certain easements, right of ways, and other deed-type documents) a copy of the original recorded document with no changes, must accompany the Statement of Value Forms. Two (2) original statements of value must also be submitted showing an exemption to the transfer tax because it is a re-recording. Our office will send the statements of value to the Pennsylvania Department of Revenue along with the provided copy of the original recording to support the exemption.