Healthy and Safety
EXTREME WEATHER - COLD
EXTREME WEATHER - HEAT
Heat Stress in Older Adults (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
Heat Wave Safety (American Red Cross)
Picture Communication Aid for those who cannot speak (Temple University Institute on Disabilities)
Pennsylvania Department of Revenue Warns of Property Tax Scam - June 20, 2019 (The Mercury)
Check Scams: Click here for information on how check scams work (provided by Montgomery Township Police Department)
Protecting consumers and combating scams is a top priority of the Office of the Attorney General. It’s important for Pennsylvanians to know what schemes are out there – so they can avoid getting scammed and help our Office protect other consumers. The Attorney General's text alert system provides real-time alerts and practical tips to keep you in the know and help you avoid getting scammed.
AARP - Fraud Watch Network or call 1-877-908-3360
- Free of Charge, no AARP membership required
- Provides up to date information to prevent becoming a victim of a scam.
- A scam-tracking map provides real-time alerts from law enforcement.
ENSURE YOU KNOW WHO IS CALLING!
Instructional Videos for Caregivers
In this series of instructional videos, intern Carolyn Ticker, Physical Therapist, discusses common issues that older adults face and how you, as a provider, can properly manage them.
Topics included are:
- How to properly transfer the older adults
- Ensuring proper assistive device fit
- How to safely guard the older adult to prevent falls
- Identifying hazards in the home