PA CareerLink® Montgomery County
News & upComing Events!
- Virtual Power Hour | Tuesday, October 19, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. | Eat Your Way to Good Health: Choose What Works for You! Click here to register!
- State Senator Art Haywood, in partnership with State Rep. Ben Sanchez, Montgomery County Prothonotary Noah Marlier & First Baptist Church of Crestmont, will be holding an indoor/outdoor community service event in Willow Grove on October 21, 2021. Click here for details.
- Interested in entering the well-paid manufacturing industry? An exciting fast-track opportunity is starting on November 8th! The Manufacturing Career Acceleration Program (CAP) offers a unique blend of soft and hard skills training that will prepare you to succeed. No prior experience is required. Upon completion, graduates are placed with a local manufacturer to put their training to work! For more information or to register, please contact Jamie at 610-270-3429 ext 6146 or JJenkins@montcopa.org. View the flyer here!
- Have questions about the COVID-19 Vaccine? We have partnered with Main Line Health to hold an open discussion on October 25th about the vaccine and offer a forum to get your questions answered. View the flyer here and register here.
- Learn about FREE training available through PA CareerLink® Montgomery County, meet training providers and hear student testimonials at our Virtual Training Fair on November 4th. View the flyer here and register here.
Operational Updates as of 6/1/2021
We are open to the public but are recommending appointments. Call us at (610) 270-3429 to schedule an appointment or to learn more about the many ways we can continue to help you through a full range of virtual services including:
- General Unemployment Compensation claim guidance and support (we do not determine eligibility but can help answer questions)
- Career Counseling
- A full menu of online workshops
- Short-term online and in-person (where available) training programs
- Support services which can include direct service referrals through our partnership with Community Connections, assistance with transportation (as needed), supplies/equipment needed for training or employment, and other supports needed to successfully complete their online training and enter employment (we are prepared to go as close to the edge of the box without going outside of it for support services).
Please call 610-270-3429 and follow the prompts based on your needs and a staff member will return your call as soon as possible.
PA CareerLink® Montgomery County Ribbon Cutting | August 12th 2021
PA CareerLink® Montgomery County, a proud partner of the American Job Center® Network, is your one-stop resource for employment and career advancement. Our team of Career Coaches and Business Service Representatives are on hand to assist job seekers and employers in Montgomery County.
Our team provides a wide range of services to businesses. For more information, visit our Business Services page.
Our monthly event calendar is posted below. Additional information, including workshop descriptions and how to register, can be accessed by clicking on the calendar.
To learn more about the range of services offered at PA CareerLink® Montgomery County, please visit the Career Services page.
PA CareerLink® Online
PA CareerLink® online is designed to make job searching easier. The site pulls in job feeds from various websites to assist with job searches in a central location. Job seekers using PA CareerLink® online have a larger database to research opportunities. Referrals, applications, and job search activities are stored and can be easily accessed for compliance with the unemployment work-search mandate. To visit PA CareerLink® online, go to www.pacareerlink.pa.gov.
The O*NET database identifies, defines, and describes the comprehensive elements of job performance in the world of work. It replaces the Dictionary of Occupational Titles (DOT).
O*NET is widely used in enrollment for participants who cannot articulate current skills.
PAsmart is a workforce development initiative that helps connect Pennsylvanians with resources for working and training in Pennsylvania.
LEARNING EXPRESS LIBRARY
SkillUp® PA offers the following features to any user who registers on PA CareerLink® online with a Keystone ID and provides an opportunity for students, career seekers and incumbent workers to gain invaluable skills in a virtual setting at no cost :
- 6,000+ courses in multiple languages
- Soft skills training
- Skill assessment and skill gap remediation
- 85% of courses are mobile-compatible
- 900+ Prove It! Assessments
- 130+ industry-recognized certifications
- 10 career pathways, 200 in-demand occupations
- Game-based learning mobile app