PA CareerLink® Montgomery County
PA CareerLink® UPdates as of 11/20/2020
Montgomery County residents who have become unemployed due to COVID-19 may be eligible to receive additional tuition waivers for Spring 2021 courses. Visit mc3.edu/MontcoRecovery for eligibility criteria and application information.
- The Governor took emergency action to temporarily allow backdating unemployment compensation claims up to 52 weeks (up from 6 weeks). The change was made to enable Pennsylvanians who attempted to file a UC claim at the onset of the pandemic but were unable to do so due to the significant influx of claims. To read the full story, please click here.
- The 2020-2021 Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program(LIHEAP) is now open! LIHEAP helps families living on low incomes pay their heating bills in the form of a cash grant. Households in immediate danger of being without heat can also qualify for crisis grants. The cash grant is a one-time payment sent directly to the utility company/fuel provider to be credited on your bill. These grants range from $200 to $1,000 based on household size, income, and fuel type. Remember: This is a grant and does not have to be repaid. For more information on how to apply, please click here.
We are OPEN for appointments in our new location at 1430 DeKalb Street in Norristown. Give us a call at 610-270-3429 to schedule an appointment for in-person services!
While Unemployment Compensation will no longer have a designated phone line inside PA CareerLinks statewide, we are still here to help in any way we can.
While in-person visits are by appointment only, staff will still be providing remote services to dislocated workers and employers impacted by COVID-19. While we are unable to use our available funding to provide Needs Based Payments specific to the COVID-19 layoffs, we have the following available now:
- General Unemployment Compensation claim guidance and support (we do not determine eligibility but can help answer questions)
- Career Counseling
- A full menu of online workshops
- Short-term online and in-person (where available) training programs
- Support services which can include direct service referrals through our partnership with Community Connections, assistance with transportation (as needed), supplies/equipment needed for training or employment, and other supports needed to successfully complete their online training and enter employment (we are prepared to go as close to the edge of the box without going outside of it for support services).
Please call 610-270-3429 and follow the prompts based on your needs and a staff member will return your call as soon as possible.
PA CareerLink® Montgomery County, a proud partner of the American Job Center® Network, is your one-stop resource for employment and career advancement. Our team of Career Coaches and Business Service Representatives are on hand to assist job seekers and employers in Montgomery County.
Our team provides a wide range of services to businesses. For more information, visit our Recruitment Services page.
Job Seeker Services
Our monthly event calendar is posted below. Additional information, including workshop descriptions and how to register, can be accessed by clicking on the calendar.
Scroll down for more detailed information about the range of services offered at PA CareerLink® Montgomery County.
PA CareerLink® Online
PA CareerLink® online is designed to make job searching easier. The site pulls in job feeds from various websites to assist with job searches in a central location. Job seekers using PA CareerLink® online have a larger database to research opportunities. Referrals, applications, and job search activities are stored and can be easily accessed for compliance with the unemployment work-search mandate. To visit PA CareerLink® online, go to www.pacareerlink.pa.gov.
The O*NET database identifies, defines, and describes the comprehensive elements of job performance in the world of work. It replaces the Dictionary of Occupational Titles (DOT).
O*NET is widely used in enrollment for participants who cannot articulate current skills.