MontcoWorks administers workforce programming that is designed to meet the diverse needs of employers and job seekers in Montgomery County.
The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) of 2014 establishes local workforce development areas nationwide, tasked with the designation of available funding to stimulate economic development by strengthening the workforce. MontcoWorks serves Montgomery County as the local area’s workforce development board, providing market-driven information and services that align with regional and statewide workforce development planning.
MontcoWorks board members are appointed by the Montgomery County Board of Commissioners in accordance with WIOA regulations. Membership is comprised of business leaders (51%) and representatives from education, community organizations, economic development, labor organizations and PA CareerLink® Montgomery County partners.
- Provide up-to-date regional and local Labor Market Information to public and private sector decision-makers, guiding ongoing workforce programming
- Inventory, assess, and broker employment services to help facilitate seamless service delivery for Montgomery County’s businesses, adults, dislocated workers, incumbent workers, TANF-recipients, and youth
- Create a long-term local workforce development plan
- Develop policies that direct implementation of county-wide workforce programming
- Procure and provide oversight for operations and WIOA Title I service delivery in the PA CareerLink® Montgomery County one-stop
- Procure and provide oversight for service delivery of the Montgomery County Employment, Advancement and Retention Network (EARN) program
- Procure and provide oversight for service delivery of MontcoWorks NOW programming for youth and young adults ages 16-24
- Meet the needs of employers through innovative approaches to recruitment, on-the-job training, incumbent worker training and customized job training while looking ahead to help build a future pipeline of skilled workers.
- Promote Industry Partnerships among Montgomery County business leaders by sector, focusing a collaborative effort on planning for the current and future success of their respective industries.
Human Services Center
1430 DeKalb Street, 5th Floor
Norristown, PA 19401
Human Services Center
P.O. Box 311
Norristown, PA 19404
Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
Executive Director of MontcoWorks
Montgomery County Workforce Development Board
|Vacant - Chair|
|Mr. Daniel Woodall - Vice Chair||Business Manager, Laborer's International Union Local Union # 135|
|Mr. Jason Acree||President & Assistant Manager, LU126, IBEW|
|Ms. Renee Amoore||Director, Ramsey Educational Development Institute, Inc.|
|Ms. Kathleen Arnold-Yerger||Executive Director, Norristown Public Library|
|Dr. Victoria Bastecki-Perez||Vice President of Academic Affairs & Provost, Montgomery County Community College|
|Mr. Joseph Callahan||CEO, Ciright Systems, Inc.|
|Ms. Susan Clauser||Director of Adult Education, Keystone Opportunities Center|
|Ms. Rochelle Culbreath||Public & Government Affairs Liaison, SEPTA|
|Mr. Nicholas Foschi||R&D Early Talent Advisor, GlaxoSmithKline|
|Ms. Catherine Judge Cardillo||Director Pennsylvania Advocacy, Trinity Health|
|Ms. Pamela Kelly||President/CEO, Pennsuburban Chamber of Greater Montgomery County|
|Ms. Wendy Klinghoffer||Executive Director, Eastern Montgomery County Chamber of Commerce|
|Mr. Ken Krauss||President & Chief Operating Officer, US Axle|
|Ms. Peggy Lee-Clark||Executive Director, Pottstown Area Industrial Development, Inc. (PAID)|
|Mr. Kyle Longacre||Program Administrator, College & Career Readiness, Montgomery County Intermediate Unit|
|Ms. Dorothy Miller||Lab Services Coordinator, Merck & Co. Inc.|
|Mr. James Nichols||Regional Director, Eastern Region Pennsylvania Department of Labor & Industry, Bureau of Workforce Partnership & Operations|
|Ms. Stephanie Perry||Assistant District Administrator, Norristown Office of Vocational Rehabilitation|
|Dr. Kevin Pollock||President, Montgomery County Community College|
|Ms. Suzanne Ryan||External Affairs Manager, PECO Energy|
|Ms. Peggy Schmidt||Executive Director, The Partnership Transportation Management Association of Montgomery County|
|Mr. Lee Soltysiak||Chief Operating Officer, Montgomery County Commissioners Court House|
|Ms. Karla Trotman||Executive Vice President, Electro Soft, Inc.|
Multi-Year Regional Plan & Local Plan
The Montgomery County Workforce Development (MontcoWorks) has developed a multi-year local plan while working with the Southeastern Pennsylvania Workforce Development Planning Region to develop a multi-year regional plan. This region includes the following Workforce Development Areas: Montgomery, Berks, Bucks, Chester, Delaware and Philadelphia.