In the event of a suicide emergency in Montgomery County, Call 9-1-1 or:
Montgomery County Local Crisis Support
Mobile Crisis Support, available 24 hours a day/7 days a week at 1-855-634-4673
Montgomery County Local Talk Lines
• Peer Support Talk Line, available Monday – Sunday, 3:00pm to 8:00pm at 1-855-715-8255
• Teen Talk Line, Call: 1-866-825-5856, Text: 215-703-8411, Email: email@example.com
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
• 1-800-273-TALK (8255)- Veterans Press 1
The Montgomery County Suicide Prevention Taskforce is able to offer FREE and LOW COST suicide prevention trainings appropriate for any group (educators, nurses, neighbors, friends, hairdressers, law enforcement, family members, librarians, public safety, and many more). Contact our Training Coordinator (Erin Lewis
, 610-278-1238) for more information.
The mission of the Montgomery County Suicide Prevention Taskforce is to decrease suicides in Montgomery County by increasing suicide prevention awareness, education, training, outreach efforts, and reducing stigma.
Promoting awareness that suicide is a public health problem, which is preventable.
Suicide affects us all. Every year, millions of Americans are directly affected by the more than 37,000 suicides and hundreds of thousands of suicide attempts made by friends or loved ones. Yet, suicide is preventable.
With help, comes hope.
Resources and Useful Information
- Warning Signs
- How Can I Help Someone in Crisis?
Trainings and Getting Involved!
- Mental Health Resources (Information about accessing treatment and ongoing support)
- Websites and Resources for Download
- Get Involved!
- Montgomery County Suicide Prevention Taskforce