The Department of Public Safety employs a highly qualified and trained team of 200 public safety professionals who work around the clock to create a safer County for our residents and visitors. Our areas of expertise include:
- Emergency communications: 9-1-1 call-taking and radio dispatch
- Emergency management, preparedness, and coordination
- Emergency medical services administration and support
- Public information and community outreach
- Public safety technology
- Training for first responders: emergency management, emergency medical services, fire service, and law enforcement
We amplify our impact and reach through close partnerships with numerous government agencies (federal government, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, surrounding counties, and municipalities), non-profit organizations, and private businesses. One mission, one team, many partners.
To learn more about each of our divisions, scroll through and click the images below.