Car Seat Checks
The Montgomery County Health Department has certified car seat technicians who inspect child safety seats. Participants are educated on the proper way to install a car seat in their car, and to ensure their child is properly restrained in the car seat. Car seat checks are by appointment only. This service is free of charge and open to all residents of Montgomery County.
Appointments MUST be made in advance to participate in the program. To schedule an appointment, call 610-278-5119, leave a message on the voice mail or email and you will be contacted to arrange an appointment time. Please include your name, phone number and the number of seats to be checked.
|Limerick Fire Company||390 West Ridge Pike
Limerick, PA 19468
|Appointments 3rd Friday of every month|
|Montgomery Hose Fire Station||201 West Freedley Street
Norristown, PA 19401
|Appointments 2nd Wednesday of every month|
|Battalion 1 Fire Station||325 Stump Road
Montgomeryville, PA 18936
|Appointments 4th Thursday of every month|
PENNSYLVANIA’S “LAW OF LOVE”
- All infants and children under 8 years of age must be secured in an approved child restraint/booster when riding anywhere in the motor vehicle, including the cargo area.
- All children from birth to age 4 must be secured in an approved child passenger restraint system.
***Children younger than 2 years of age must be secured in a rear-facing child passenger restraint system, to be used until the child outgrows the maximum weight and height limits designated by the car seat manufacturer. (Primary Law)
- All children 4 years of age and older, but less than 8 years of age, must be secured in a seat belt system and an appropriately fitting child booster seat. (Primary Law)
- All children 8 years of age and older, but less than 18 years of age must be secured in a properly adjusted and fastened seat belt system. (Primary Law)
- Each driver and front seat occupant shall wear a properly adjusted and fastened seat belt system. (Secondary Law)