Child Protective Services
- If the child is in immediate danger call 911
- File an electronic report of suspected child abuse at www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis
- Call ChildLine (800) 932-0313 and complete a CY-47
(only if you cannot file electronically)
- Notify your Administrator, Principal, Director, Etc.
- Notify the local police department or call 911
CHILDLINE is Pennsylvania’s electronic portal for reporting suspicions of child abuse and neglect. CHILDLINE operates seven days/week, 24 hours/day to receive reports of suspected child abuse and neglect. CHILDLINE maintains a record of all substantiated reports of abuse and neglect for purposes of Child Abuse History Clearances for individuals wishing to become employed in a child-serving profession, volunteer with children, or become foster parents.
Montgomery County Office of Children & Youth (610) 278-5800
A call may be made directly to the Office of Children & Youth, anytime of the day or night, to report concerns. An Intake Caseworker is available 24 hours/day, seven days/week. During evenings, weekends, or holidays, call (610) 275-1222.
MANDATED REPORTER TRAINING
Appropriate for mandated and permissive reporters: Go to www.reportabusepa.pitt.edu
- Free 3-hour on-line course
- Provides information on recognition of child maltreatment
- Provides information on your obligation or opportunity to report suspicions of abuse
- Details procedures for making a report of child maltreatment
- Meets Act 31 training requirements
- Meets Act 126 training requirements
PENNSYLVANIA’S CHILD ABUSE RESOURCE PORTAL
Go to www.keepkidssafe.pa.gov for information, training, clearances and more.