How to Find Help

There are several ways for adults to access mental health services in Montgomery County:

Private Insurance or Medical Assistance (MA
Insurance providers cover mental health services (e.g. therapy). You can start by
contacting your insurance provider and finding out what services you might be entitled to receive through your coverage and what providers are in your insurance provider’s network.

No Insurance
If you don’t have insurance, you can inquire about applying for Medical Assistance (MA) at the Montgomery County Assistance Office (CAO), in any of several ways:
If you need further assistance contacting the CAO, someone at your local case management office should be able to help.

Alternative Programs
If you need help with other issues (such as substance abuse), there are other County offices that can help. If you are seeking drug and/or alcohol treatment services, contact the Office of Drug & Alcohol Programs. Contact information for other county/state agencies can be found here.