Montgomery County Suicide Prevention Task Force (Pennsylvania)
In the Event of a Suicide Emergency in Montgomery County, Call 9-1-1 or:
Montgomery County Local Crisis Support
• Adult Mobile Crisis Support, available 24 hours a day/7 days a week at 1-855-634-4673
• Children’s Crisis Support Program, available 24 hours a day/7 days a week at 1-888-435-7414
Montgomery County Local Talk Lines
• Peer Support Talk Line, available Monday – Sunday, 3:00pm to 8:00pm at 1-855-715-8255
• Teen Talk Line, Call: 1-866-825-5856, Text: 215-703-8411, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
• 1-800-273-TALK (8255)- Veterans Press 1
The Montgomery County Suicide Prevention Taskforce is able to offer FREE and LOW COST suicide prevention trainings appropriate for any group (educators, nurses, neighbors, friends, hairdressers, law enforcement, family members, librarians, public safety, and many more). Contact our Training Coordinator (Anna Trout, 610-278-5663) for more information.
The mission of the Montgomery County Suicide Prevention Taskforce is to develop and implement strategies to reduce the risk of suicide in Montgomery County through the collaborative efforts of community agencies and service providers.
Promoting awareness that suicide is a public health problem, which is preventable.
Suicide affects us all. Every year, millions of Americans are directly affected by the more than 37,000 suicides and hundreds of thousands of suicide attempts made by friends or loved ones. Yet, suicide is preventable.